Monday, May 14, 2007

Dark Nebula Death Watch: Week 19

Art follows life, or Life follows art...who knows, who cares, & it is amazing to my wife and I that as the death spiral at my workplace deepens, it seems that the dvd selections we get online or from the local dvd outlet parallel what is happening in my workplace very closely, vignetting scenes & experiences taken directly from the daily headquarters lifelog where my cube sits quietly, sinking slowly.

It appears that the actual moment of death will be almost imperceptible, since the attendants are ignoring most of the corpus, so we may not perceive a specific moment when life leaves the organization, but it will leave. At that point, I believe the attendants will prop up the corpus, drill a hole in the skull, attempting to pour new life directly into the dead body. That won't work of course; then will follow the finger pointing and siloed isolation stages, & I don't know if I will survive that, but I do want to keep working for another 8 years, so...more will be revealed.

No comments: