Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Return Of The Prodigal Son

Our son is home from the hospital today, in the afternoon, so after my work finished I stopped by their home to check it out and see how things were going. My son was still in pain & fairly confined to a recliner in the living room, but it was really nice to see our granddaughter moving around the recliner keeping him entertained. Much better than the hospital setting, although that was actually pretty good too. I got to read the word & picture book that I got for my son to my granddaughter, and my son tells me she really likes the book I got, & it was fun reading together. My granddaughter often is very shy around me but after a couple minutes sitting on the sofa and reading, my daughter in law was able to get up off the sofa and leave our granddaughter alone with me without any freaking out. We read the whole book together, and she actually got a really nice big beaming smile when I would do certain animal sounds. She seems to really like animal sounds.

Tomorrow morning I am off early to get the truck in for the 60K mile service, which is a big one, so I am off to bed for now. We are greatful that our son is doing well *:-)

No comments: