Sunday, May 06, 2007

Recycle City, Temperature Rising, Strawberry Shortcake

Today was take all recyclables to the county transfer facility day for me. Quite a bit of work, actually. Our pickup was very full, and the 3 containers with the glass in them were quite heavy, and I got my leg press and shoulder raise workout done when I had to load them into the truck, then unload them again at the transfer facility. We are very fortunate to even be allowed to use the local transfer facility, because only very local residents who can prove their address each time they go there are now allowed to use it. It is one of the nicest and most high-tech transfer facilities in the county, and many folks who live outside the area were using it before they clamped down due to excessive waste processing costs. Locals Only! We are grateful *:-)

Mid-80's temperature today, and of course that made the work I had to do to get the recyclable materials to the transfer facility very hot work, which enervated me. I went to a chain coffee shop and got an orange juice and chocolate brownie to help get me through *:-)

The biggest treat of all for me in a very long time however was when my beautiful wife gave me a bowl of her homemade strawberry shortcake as we sat down to watch a movie this evening. Perfect taste and texture, and I really appreciate it because it has been many years since I have had strawberry shortcake, and this was excellent and I loved it.

No comments: