Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Desperate Neo-Marketing Guy Rampages At Dark Nebula

When the dog's away, the fox will play. Our IT Manager was on holiday for over a week, I was out of town, and the CTO was also occupied otherwise, which allowed the pseudo-Marketing Director to get direct access to a couple of our soft-spined IT guys, who let him talk them into creating several email aliases without planning or approval. Oh well, the clients were confused anyway, so maybe they won't notice the proliferation of meaningless email addresses.

Very hard times at Dark Nebula at the moment, with no leadership, no plan, no communication, & a gradual releasing of clients due to the confusion. I only know that because I am a lower level employee, supposedly I will be given "preferential hiring" guarantees if & when the layoff comes. Great for morale, not. Que sera, sera (did I spell that right?)

I'd like to begin singing in earnest, but don't really know how to go about getting started, don't know what my voice is, don't have much time, and definitely don't have much money. Maybe it will happen anyway.

I have been fortunate so far in all my travels and all my training deliveries in remote places, and I am grateful for both those things.

Back into the office millieu tomorrow, and we shall see what we shall see. I hope my boss is going to be there. Onward.

No comments: