Monday, March 28, 2005

My First Time

Today was hammer and tong day at my distant dentist and I was in the chair for 1 hour and 45 minutes of sweat inducing effort on the part of the dental surgeon as he completed the root canal that I needed. Multiple x-rays and his expert opinion say that the operation was a success. I am not in terrible pain and I definitely know that someone was walking around in my mouth today.
On the long drive back home from the dentist (I took today off) as I got within about 10 miles of our home something happened to me that has never happened before. I drive a 2002 pickup which my wife and I like very much and which is reliable however today, for the first time in my life, 10 miles from home, driving at speed, I was presented with the dreaded lighted orange "check engine" icon in the form of an outline of an auto engine. I checked all the other indicators on the dash and could not see anything signalling a problem and then I called the service department of the dealership where just 1500 miles ago the truck had completed the 30,000 mile check. The service guy was nice and said that the check engine icon really just means that nobody has any idea what could be wrong and it could be one or many of several hundred things and the only way to find out is for me to get the truck to the service department for a full diagnostic which I will do tomorrow. I wonder what it is?

Media Recommendation:
"My Sweet Lord" by George Harrison - Yes, listen to it. OC+

Lee's OC Index:
OC+ = High potential healing and/or educational message for people with OCD tendencies.
OC- = Low potential healing and/or educational message for people with OCD tendencies.

No comments: