Saturday, March 19, 2005

Starbucks Exists And No T-Mobile

My wife and I visited the newest Starbucks in the neighboring town today. Nice place, quite clean, no tattoos visible on the staff, not very busy either. They had the chocolate and tea I was after and also had a maple-iced baked scone that my wife enjoyed. I showed the staff my tattoo and then they loosened up a bit and showed me theirs which was a lot of fun and didn't matter because no one else was in the place *:-) I need wireless access when I visit Starbucks during the week and was surprised to hear that it takes about 1.5 years for each new Starbucks to get authorization and installation for the T-mobile wireless service. However, I was told that a neighboring tax service staff member had come over and offered to allow Starbucks patrons to login through the tax service open wireless connection if they wanted to, which the Starbucks management agreed to. I haven't tried it and it sounds functional and quite a nice gesture from one business to another. Maybe the tax service staff get free coffee or something.
We also went on to the largest town in our area and lightly shopped at the newest Trader Joe's which is a place I usually don't go in to. However, since my wife usually doesn't go into Starbucks and had done so happily and with pleasure, then I went ahead into Trader Joe's and had a good time shopping with her and also saw a friend or two. One of my wife's good friends and fellow artists painted a large wall mural on the Trader Joe's highest wall and got it done just prior to the grand opening a few months ago so we have a reason to drop in once in awhile. As a matter of fact my wife's friend had issued a call for help late one night so that he could be sure to get the mural done and both my wife and I used our art skills to help him get it finished before the deadline.

Movie Recommendations:

"Island At War: Discs 1, 2 & 3" (2004) - Yes, see it. OC+

Lee's OC Index:
OC+ = High potential healing and/or educational message for people with OCD tendencies.
OC- = Low potential healing and/or educational message for people with OCD tendencies.

No comments: