Thursday, March 03, 2005

Position Acquisition

Position Acquisition sounds a lot fancier than "job search" and both are what I am learning to become expert at. Transitioning from 25 years at corporate headquarters as an international marketing guy is quite a bit of fun once I adjusted the emotional entanglements that had built up over the years and re-aligned them into part of my network for success. Many of my professional colleagues were in town recently and invited my wife and I to a very nice dinner and we all had a great time. If it weren't for the elapsed time in commercial aircraft coach seating (which is a lot smaller than when I started flying internationally 25 years ago) I would love to offer my value to a broader geographic client base. I recommend that some of the government subsidies now offered for our agricultural sector be redirected to enhance the business class section of commercial aircraft so that our business persons could arrive more refreshed and ready to go, and also be able to get some work done on the plane. The criteria would be that only business people representing a company paying taxes in the USA could get the preferred seating discounts and would be given first preference for the seating. The times that I used either my frequent flyer miles or my own money (when I wasn't feeling well) to upgrade myself to business class showed me the benefits to the company for traveling in the appropriate way. My $0.02.

Movie Recommendations:

"Deadwood-The Complete First Season" - No, don't see it. OC-

Lee's OC Index:
OC+ = High potential healing and/or educational message for people with OCD tendencies.
OC- = Low potential healing and/or educational message for people with OCD tendencies.

No comments: