Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Solenoid-Code PO770 and Two Trips To Toyota

Ok, I am more relaxed now because our blue pickup is back in the driveway and the check engine icon is no longer lit. Mr. T. says that when the service department called the factory they said that before the (under warranty) solenoid needs to be changed out for sure that the local service guys need to rack the pickup and totally flush the tranny and replace all the fluid to find out if that will keep the light out. If the light comes on again, and if the computer spits out exactly the same code then we get a new solenoid at no cost to us. During the phone call from the service department to me about this approach I began to hallucinate about me driving down the freeway at 70mph and having the transmission solenoid freeze which would send me into a total instant stop and that would result in an end-over-end flip of the pickup which would cause me to flip over 7 or 8 semi-trucks and end up in the ocean. Wow, when I communicated my fearful fantasy to the service guy he chuckled and promised me that I am no danger of that happening and if the light comes on again all I have to do is drive back to the dealership and leave the truck for a day and I get the new solenoid. Well, ok then *:-)

Movie Recommendations:
"Around The Fire" (2003) - Yes, see it. OC+
"Closer" (2004) - No, don't see it. OC-

Lee's OC Index:
OC+ = High potential healing and/or educational message for people with OCD tendencies.
OC- = Low potential healing and/or educational message for people with OCD tendencies.

No comments: