Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Back in the office...No water...but new lights *:-)

Ok, so I'm back at work. I put it off as long as possible.
Good news: Full spectrum lighting has been installed in the Training Studio that I am responsible for, and it is much better than before the holidays *:-)
Bad news: No bottled water is available for making tea, at least until next week, so I have used tap water this morning, and am still afraid to taste it *:-( Just tasted it...yucchh...and there was a bunch of scum on top and it wasn't very hot. Oh well.
My plants lived...I actually watered them the day we left for the holidays, so that is good news too *:-)
Some stuff came it that I had ordered, so I'll check that out soon.
I have big travel coming up next week so I'll be getting ready for that too.
Now for the part of my day that my wife found very funny (chapter 1):
I received a notice in the mail with the logo of the car company of the pickup truck I drive. It told me in no uncertain terms that it was time for my 60K mile checkup. Since I spend a substantial amount of time on the road, I felt I should adhere to the schedule, since I like the truck a lot and don't want to break down in some of the places I have to go. So, I made the appointment for this morning at 8 a.m., scheduled a rental car, and got up extra early and was there on time. After taking my stuff out of the car and starting the paperwork, the senior service advisor looked in the computer and said "Why are you here?". Ok, my brain stopped, and then I said, "Well, I made an appointment based on the letter I got from you guys." He said: "Well, actually that comes from a company that we hire just to mail out reminders to people, and they don't really know when you are actually ready for a service." I said: "Oh. So what happens now?" He said: "Well, if you want to do the service you can of course, but you don't really need it for another 8K miles." I said: "Ok then, I guess I'll be going." He said: "Give us a call when you are ready for the service." I said: "Ok, I will, thanks."
Now for the part of my day that my wife found very funny (chapter 2):
I had made an appointment to purchase 4 new tires for tomorrow, since I had been told that I would need them before I started driving all over the state again, which actually begins next week. So I figured, OK, since I didn't have to leave the truck for the big service, I'll just take the truck over to the tire shop that we use and have the tires put on now, since I'm already up early. So I pull in and 2 young service guys come over and I say "May I please have 4 new tires, I made an appointment for tomorrow but things changed and I can do it now." They said: "Yeah, sure, no problem, just give us a minute." So as they were looking over the tires, I started to walk away to the waiting room, and then one of the service guys said: "Sir, why are you here? You don't need tires...not even close." OK, by this time I figured I must be in a parallel universe or something where nothing is as it seems, so I didn't fight it, I just said "Well, if you are sure, because I do a lot of high speed driving and I don't want to cause an accident." So the second young service guy says "No sir, you are fine for quite a while yet." So I said: "Ok then, I'll just be going, and I'll see in a few months." ...and off I went.
So I called my wife to tell her all this and give her a chance to laugh at me, which she did, and then she suggested that since I had all this time that I call our physician while I was driving to work, so that I could schedule the full physical that I am due for this year. So I agreed and called the doctor's office, where, of course, not only was I told that my records were in storage and they couldn't give me any definite information, but that also there was no way they could get me in this month and I should call back and try to schedule for next month.
So, I am back at work, with really bad tea, and am starting off the new year.
Have Fun *:-)

No comments: