Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Depressed, but curious...not depressed anymore *:-)

I plugged my iPod Video cable into my Nano by mistake, and USB'd into the Mac. My Nano is now totally frozen, ON, and I can't override it. I don't have the correct cable until tomorrow, at which time I am hoping it will sync again. The Nano is only a couple weeks old, and I use it all the time, so that is where the depression comes from. I am also curious to find out what is going on with it.

Oh Well.

[ one hour later ]:

Aha! I remembered that when at Blockbuster the other day (we don't go there that often), I noticed an impulse buy item at the register that is a book entitled "The iPod & iTunes Pocket Guide", Second Edition, which I bought at that time, since I had just purchased the Nano and the iPod Video, and you know that not a lot of documentation comes with them that is convenient for browsing unless you go to the online docs, which is not always easy. So anyway, I spent some time with the book and there, on pages 207 - 208, was the fix I needed and which worked the first time:
"The frozen iPod" - For click-wheel iPods, hold down the Center and Menu buttons for 6 seconds"...worked perfectly *:-)
All is well with my world.

No comments: