Monday, January 29, 2007

Have A Corn Munchies (Om)...

Well, they used to have the Om sign, but not after 9/11. Fascinating story (click the title). We have eaten, and sometimes nearly lived on, Have A Corn Munchies since the 80's. They are actually called Have A Corn Chips now, and they are still exactly the same. Excellent *:-)
Anyway, the point is that this evening I did not have time for dinner and needed to get to a meeting and so I went to our local fairly large natural food store and picked up a bag of Have A Corn Chips and a bottle of water and headed to the checkout line. There were 2 people ahead of me, both women and both in their early 30's, but dressed quite differently, with one clearly classy and the other naturally natural. Anyway, the classy one, who was directly in front of me and had quite a bit of stuff already on the conveyor, suddenly turned to me and said "If she gets done before I get back you go ahead and check out", and then left the line leaving her stuff on the conveyor. I didn't say anything and moved up a little, and sure enough the other lady got done with her check out, and then turned to me and said "Looks like you get the benefit of her leaving the line", and I said, while smiling, "Yes, very painful experience, I'll have to blog about it tonight", injecting obvious humor into something that was going to get me out of the store. The lady then said, also humorously, "I'll be sure to watch for your blog" and left. So anyway, since I promised, I just blogged about it, although of course she will never see it since I blog anonymously *:-)
Off to the dentist tomorrow, which is an all day affair. We use a dentist many miles away because for us he is the best in the entire state, and we started using him when he had a practice where we live now but then moved. I will take the day off and so will my wife, so we can be efficient and both get the work done on the same day so we don't make two trips.

No comments: