Thursday, January 11, 2007

Ok, so Yahoo Maps is not all good, or all bad

In preparing for my return trip to my home from the business trip I have been on, I again compared Yahoo Maps to 2 other well known resources. While on my trip TO my business activities, the Yahoo Maps directions were seriously flawed, sending me on a 1-hour "lost and confused" experience through parts of a very large city that most folks would not enjoy driving around in, I found that for the return trip, Yahoo Maps made a recommendation that was hugely helpful, keeping me away from serious snow problems and also keeping me on roads that were far more personable than the major multi-lane Interstate highways. So, from now on, I will check all 3 major map resources and pick the best one.

I am grateful to be home and close to my family again, and I got the "grandma" report from my wife which described her experiences with our granddaughter today that she had while helping out over at the granddaughter's home. She also picked up on a need that they have, and with any luck, we will be picking up something very cool to give so granddaughter can have more fun *:-)

A special contract came in where I work, and even though I just returned from a very rigourous trip, I will be working straight through the weekend to meet the deadline. I am greatful to be employed however, and so there will be no complaints from me.

I am really enjoying the iPod Nano I got for the holidays, and especially like the Harajuku version of Phantom of the Opera and also the version with Sarah Brightman and Michael Crawford. I listened to my iPod while driving today for nearly 8 hours, and had no problems with battery or with the shuffled song mix. Very nice *:-)

No comments: