Thursday, January 25, 2007

Welcome to the town of ENNUI

A town peopled by generally listless and discontented employees, who are burnt out by the abuses from previous management, and also suffering from the vacuum caused by no leadership being offered after the removal of a previous senior leader.
Occasionally a light goes on in the small group meetings attended by those with like minds, and good hearts. This is not happening at the organization level however, and several believe it is too late to establish an energy flow that will see us through this becalmed time.
Some instances of Stockholm Syndrome seem to be appearing, probably because there may not be anything else to hold onto.
I suffered a surprise attack myself, late last evening, from the most senior "acting" "interim" manager, who apparently has been put on a short leash and told to get some data on her remaining "assets" (that term was actually used in referring to me) so the Big Big Guys can decide what to do with the remnants of this organization.
I am letting go of the impact of the data attack that happened last evening, and I became physically ill due to that attack, because I blamed myself for not responding the way I could have, which would have been to say, "Hey, let's get together with my Manager, who has a copy of my "Exceeds Requirements" performance appraisal, and find some nice things to say about me to the Big Big Guys. Instead, I stumbled around and tried to feed whatever I could to the "nice lady" so she could finish filling out her form. It is the anger and resentment I felt against myself that caused me to get ill. Ah so, grasshopper, another learning experience *:-)
A friend here has suggested that I divert my depressive state by purchasing the Apple accessory that will let me know how far I have walked by posting the info to my Nano, which I have on all the time. Sounds good to me...when the going gets tough, the tough go shopping *:-)
Whew, sigh, why am I not perfect already?

No comments: