Friday, January 19, 2007

Panic In The School House

A pilot program partner begins training their staff on our applications on next Monday. You'd think they would have gotten the planning for that training pretty well complete by now, eh, since it is Friday before the Monday. No. They haven't. They are panicking, and are wanting state employees to "give it their all" on Friday afternoon to help them "sleep better over the weekend" (they actually put that in an email). U-m-m-m-m, I doubt it. Everybody does the best they can, but I continue to wonder when everyone will realize that they are not the only people on the face of the planet, and that others are not alive just to instantaneously serve them, especially when they have had several months to get this together. One potential bright spot: I am an hourly employee, so if my boss sends me an email tomorrow (Saturday) and asks me to work to help them out, then no worries, because I'll get paid for it :-)
An incredibly wonderful gift was given to my wife, and hence shared with me, yesterday. We have been encouraging our daughter in law to get our granddaughter out into the world more, and even the medicos have been saying the same thing. Anyway, yesterday, after a great deal of discussion and checking things out, my wife ("Grandma") and our daughter in law actually went to a park and our granddaughter got to go down a sliding board for the very first time *:-) She was of course very well protected and supported, but what is cool is that it happened, our granddaughter's eyes got real wide, and it was great *:-) I am greatful for being allowed to share experiences like that, and when I saw my wife shortly after they returned from the park, she was glowing with the wonder of the time with our granddaughter in the outdoors. Fabulous. Very greatful. And hopeful for more in the future.

No comments: