Sunday, January 14, 2007

Kangaroo climbers & Fossil fuels

My wife and I, who are grandparents of a one year old and delightful girl, were able to order some small backyard play structures to help her mom and dad get her outside in her own yard a little more. Both her mom and dad were climbers when they were little, so we are greatful to be able to help move things along some. I was going to order a much larger structure than we ended up getting, but I must be getting smarter because I called my son (granddaughter's dad) and asked him to preview what I had in mind on the vendor website, and he wisely suggested that I buy something that would be a little closer to her age capabilities, which I did. We hope she has a lot of fun on it *:-)

With the super-cold nights lately, the fossil fuels are being used, in a mix with wood, which has heat shooting out the chimney too, but also doing their job of keeping us warm and cozy. A visitor asked today if using wood heat, our primary heat source, in a nice wood stove like ours with the glass front, was really as romantic as she had heard it was...yes, it is. We really like it, and there just doesn't seem to be any other heat source, other than the Sun itself, that delivers such healing and warming energy. Lots of work though, but worth it.

No comments: