Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Cheap Trick still rocks me *:-)

Yup, I still "Want you to want me" *:-) I'm not sure I ever really left the 60's and 70's, during which I got to live in the most peaceful and fabulous world possible. Ram Dass was hanging in Boulder the same time I was, the Internet had not yet become available to me, the Haight was just like the history books say it was, and the smoke was pure, clean and simple...a real gift to consciousness. I'll never forget that one night in North Hollywood...ah, well...another time for that story *:-)
Native American music is becoming important to me as a path for me to heal some of the stuff I still carry, and last night I finally found the chant on iTunes that is an Honoring Song For Veterans, which was sung for me live at an informal Powwow in a local city parking lot several years ago, and the Native Americans who sang it for me made a point of asking the crowd if any veterans were present before they announced what the song was going to be, and not knowing any better, I raised my hand, and was the only one to do so. They directed me (firmly) to the center of the drum circle and sang the Honoring Song for me. It had a profound effect on me, and was the only time anyone or any group has sought to honor me for the warriors service that I rendered without complaint to the USA. It connected me with many energies and taught me much. Thanks guys.
There is some cool stuff going on at www.wely.com too, and I stumbled across that while reading a camping magazine in the dentist's office yesterday.
Have Fun *:-)

No comments: