Saturday, January 27, 2007

Letting go, walking the jagged cliff in the dark

Very helpful quotation from Carolyn Myss came my way yesterday that captures my life process at this time. Here it is:
"If we let go of things, our life is going to change. And the reality is that we are actually more afraid of change than we are of death" - Carolyn Myss. Thanks Carolyn *:-) How that relates to me is that for the last several years I have been practicing "letting go" so that some of my obsessive and compulsive behaviours can be reduced to a non-harmful level. The practice however is quite fearful, because the reality for me is that living through letting go is equivalent, for me, of taking each step each day as though I am on the edge of a jagged cliff, and it is the dark of night. Only trust and faith give me the confidence to keep walking my path.

Here is a quote from me:
"Go to college, because there are more doors there" - listeningforthesoundthatcan'tbeheard

Fabulous day today, perfect in every way. My wife and I got out and about and met and greeted several acquaintances who rarely cross our path. Nothing spectacular, just very nice to be out in the moist mid-winter day which also had plenty of sun for the time we were out. We are greatful and feel good to have had that chance *:-)

Our recently deceased cat has been appearing both in and out of our house, doing what she used to do all the time, which is "mapping" the property and the rooms. I saw her lying in our upstairs bedroom bay window (the one that gets all the sun), and she seems to be doing ok. We love her, and hope her after-life journey, whatever it is, is a good one.

We miss our granddaughter, and while we were out today, we were wishing that we would be "approved" to take her with us to some of the neat yarn shops and other places that are part of our travels. I guess the trust level on the part of her mom and dad hasn't reached a high enough point for us to be given that chance. We are patient, and will wait until it feels right for them.

No comments: