Sunday, September 23, 2007

Day's End; Way Tired; Did OK

Worked on South Swamp stuff most of the day. Some of it had the fragrance of management that does not know what they are doing, & I had to put one of the managers in a corner & interrogate him a bit to get enough information to move forward, & my boss backed me up, so I was able to get the work done. It is always a little dicey to force management to do their job, but hey, I'm an old guy who wears glasses, so they won't hit me too hard, right?

26% of next week's work hours are consumed by mandatory meetings. No doubt management will still expect the same output as normal, but I put that in front of my boss's face too, so he won't be able to come back on me for not getting enough done. I was a boss too, & I understand that bosses are never to expect anything except everything, so I don't blame anybody, but I have been around long enough now to put the facts out on the table. It is my understanding that the younger members of the work force have always done that, so I am just catching up.

I am happy with my new parking place, inside our family "fort" that I just built *:-) I will keep working on it to make it kid-proof so the grandkids can play there too, but that will take a while.

I finally moved the shredder up to my office space (it only took 3 years), & now I am starting to be able to keep up with the shredding on a daily basis instead of having bags of the stuff sitting around where it takes me nearly all day to go through it. Much better *:-)

Damp & cold...makes a change, eh?

No comments: