Sunday, September 30, 2007

Sleep?...Not...Rest?...Not...Work?...Not...Husband?...Oh Yeah...

I have been ill for a week, & have barely been able to keep going to work and to get the basics done, but have managed to do it. I was planning on having a lie-in on Saturday morning to recover some of my health, but...no. My wife needed to travel the 30 miles to the next large city so she could meet with the new manager of the gallery that is selling her work, & re-negotiate the relationship, & needed to take new creations with her to show, so I was needed to do the driving & heft the stuff. The negotiations went pretty well, & at the end, my wife introduced me to the new manager, & when it came time to explain what my part is in my wife's art creation, I explained "I am her lover, body-guard, & driver", later adding that meant husband. The new manager, a youngish female just returned from six years in Sweden, understood immediately, which I why I said it that way.

Also on Saturday, my wife had decided to attend the baby shower for our daughter-in-law in the same city, & again there was quite a bit of stuff to lift & haul, so that was added to my day. Her shower gifts were very well received & during the women-only shower time, I was able to get away & spend a couple hours in the Apple Store *:-) I enjoyed that. I rarely get over to that city, so it was cool that I got to go to the Apple store. When I went to pick my wife up, my granddaughter was in a car nearby, & when she saw my wife, she immediately asked for me, which made me feel great, & so I ran over to play with her a bit, & it was a tough time when we had to part, because she asked for me to stay & hold her, which I was not able to do.

I had planned to get some work done on Saturday as well, but with all the driving, etc., there was no time. Oh well.

No comments: