Saturday, September 22, 2007

New Human's First Rain; Phone Play; Morning Apple Pie

A wonderful, & sorely needed rain began last night, & continued for a good part of the day. We are all grateful for that. As soon as I was up this morning, I realized, & said to my wife, today is the very first rain in the life of our new grandson *:-) Stuff like that is neat imho.

My wife & I had been invited (although a bit late to prepare for it) to a birthday celebration 30 miles away for our youngest son. We knew we could not go, & besides, he is 29 (I think), so it isn't like a birthday party is a big deal anymore. My wife spontaneously got up quite early this morning (7 am), put on some clothing (good thing about that) & went out into our small orchard, picked fresh apples, & prepared a birthday apple pie completely from scratch for our son. Pretty cool of her to do that. We took it over to our other son who lives in the largest town around here, about 12 miles from our home. He will take it over to our youngest son for his party. All's well *:-)

When we took the pie over to the son who would deliver it, I had a chance to play with my granddaughter, & we immediately got down on the floor & did all kinds of fun stuff, but then I showed her my two mobile phones...yes, I always carry at least two...& she had a lot of fun with them, because her parents have shown her how to do some things with the phones so she was right at home pushing the buttons, activating the camera, & other stuff. I have no idea who she called, but hopefully they will forgive us *:-) What was quite interesting though was when I asked her to hold one of the phones, asking her to "wait" before she opened it up, so that I could call her from the other phone & then she could hear the ring, could then open it up, & she could get a better visual of what happens when somebody is talking to her on the phone because there I would be, right in front of her, & she could hear me both in person & on the phone. That worked out pretty well, but what fascinated me was that for the rest of our playtime, she practiced using the word "wait", which I believe may be a new concept for her. Cool stuff, and I love it *:-)

No comments: