Saturday, September 08, 2007

Son Sighting; Door Jam; Woodpile In Motion; Tiny Dent

It was cool to be jammin' through the lumber yard/hardware store & to bump into my oldest son. We didn't have much time but we chatted briefly (he was on his mobile to his brother, my other son) & he took the time to stop by the car in the parking lot to say hello to his mum too *:-) Nice.

What cracked me up was that he was there to purchase some metal brackets that will let him return the house jack that he borrowed from his brother that is currently pushing the floor up under the door jam that goes into my granddaughter's room so the door will close without having to winch it shut *:-) He has been taking flack from his wife & from his daughter about it, & he wants to make the improvement permanent. Good on ya', son, there will be more of this in your future I predict *:-)

I was mister magic today, as far as my wife was concerned, because I was able to move a large woodpile (one full cord) from one end of the property to the other, all in about 1.5 hours, which blew her away. I must admit I was able to concentrate on it because I had my iPod on & was jammin' to trance, hence the focus & speed *:-) Whatever. It sure is nice to get a compliment from my wife though *:-)

However, & she doesn't know this yet, but toward the end of the woodpile transfer, when I was pretty tired, my hand slipped just a little as I was tossing a piece of firewood into the truck bed, & one end of the wood bounced against the rear fender, making a small dent. I tried to rub it out with my glove, but that only made it more obvious because it took all the dust off & made the area stand out. Oh well.

No comments: