Thursday, September 06, 2007

PO'd For 13 Hours; Tomorrow Might Be A Big Day For South Swamp; More Lunch!

Yup, its true. Within one minute of me getting home last night (~1900), the power went off & it was not restored until 0830 the next day. We slept to the cheerful chirping of the 11 UPS boxes we have *:-) Several calls at different times to the utility outage status line yielded different lies at different times. so I finally gave up, which they knew I would, & went to bed to try to sleep the best I could. Oh well. More support for my wife's opinion that we are close to the conditions that exist in "3rd world" countries, if we take a real close look.

A fresh rumor surfaced today at South Swamp, which is that the new Chief Warlord may be named tomorrow. If so, that will be a big deal. I am interested so that I can plot my own course going forward, whatever that means *:-)

Management went out to lunch again today! That is unbelievable. Even if the company ends up paying for it, at least they are all talking/listening to the same subject when they are at lunch. I hope they do it every day *:-)

No comments: