Saturday, September 15, 2007

Neighborhood Peace; Kleenex!; Progress; Piggy Bank

Somehow, perhaps by magic, my wife I had the neighborhood to ourselves today. I courageously took advantage of the tentative peace & completed the work on the outside of the fence/woodshed that puts me a couple feet on my neighbor's property while I am fastening the external lattice to the back of the fence/woodshed, which I decided to do so that my neighbor would not be constantly looking at the raw & rough framework of the structure. I did not have to do that, but I checked with the Tibetan Prayer Flag that flies just above the work site, & the flag suggested that it would be helpful if I did, so I did! I am now finished on that side of the structure, so there is very little chance of conflict, unless overt aggression occurs. Yea!

I ran out of strapping wire that I use to hold the wood to the metal uprights while creating the base structure of the fence/woodshed, and since I had to go out to get some, I asked my wife if she needed anything & she said yes get some Kleenex, because she has had a minor illness that uses a lot of Kleenex, & she wanted to make sure we had some. Well, I brought back 9 large boxes & 3 small boxes, which caused her to react a bit, & she suggested that I had overdone it a bit. Oh well *:-)

Good progress today on the fence/woodshed project. I won't be able to work on it tomorrow at all, but I have gotten approval for two full days of vacation next week, & I hope to finish as much as possible so I can move the wood before the rains come.

I have written myself a note to go to the bank to get a couple hundred brand new shiny pennies so I can play with my granddaughter & her new piggy bank *:-) I am looking forward to it & I hope the batteries hold out until I get to play *:-)

No comments: